To get the bad parts out of the way first, Sting and AJ Styles appear to be gone from TNA. I say appear because AJ could always come back after taking some time off or when a deal he likes more is offered. AJ Styles has been the heart and soul of TNA in the p
ast, and I think he will want to return when everything lines up. I do not see him going to WWE, and they probably will not approach him either. Both men leaving was certainly a loss, but Sting has given a lot to TNA over his years there. Although he can still entertain, I am not sure how much else he could give there. Sometimes what a company needs, especially one in their position, is new blood.
We will get to that new blood in a moment though. Kurt Angle is still with TNA, but there are rumors that he is not happy at the moment. Depending on what is true from all of the rumors going about, I can see that. He is currently out with an injury, apparently having needed surgery badly. I want Angle to stay, but if he does leave, to keep wrestling wherever he goes. The man is truly a cyborg in the ring, and he can make almost anyone look good on the mat. He has been a boon to TNA and would continue to be, so I am hoping that situation will work out.
Someone who is hopefully not close to retirement, but has still been with the company for quite some time, and is coming back into the spotlight, is Samoa Joe. Joe is now the #1 contender for the title and this has me a bit excited. Joe was a dominant champion, and it has been too long since he has held gold again in the company. I hope they book this well, keep Joe strong, but not bury Magnus in the process. This has the potential of being something good. Also, fans should not forget that Gunner is lurking around with his briefcase, but something tells me that will not go through. I do not think management has enough faith in him, but I hope to be surprised.
Additionally, I am not quite sure what is going on with Abyss or Robert Roode in their respective plotlines, but I am high up on both performers. Where are they going with all of this though? Somehow the mystery makes it more exciting. I want to see more Bad Influence, but any regular readers of my column knew that was coming. I was going to address Jeff Hardy returning as Willow and how horrible that looked but…I don’t care anymore.
That new blood I mentioned earlier I think is something TNA has a good bit of. On the current roster, I am really interested in the futures of Sam Shaw, Rockstar Spud, Magnus, and EC3. Recently though, the American Wolves and MVP came in. All three have proven themselves in other companies, and although I would not list either of them as amazing, they are all pretty damn good. TNA is a company that has always had a ton of potential, and this is a good time to show that off. Strike while the iron is hot and ready. If it sounds like I am saying that there is less star power but more draw from the performances; that is absolutely correct.
No comments:
Post a Comment