Brandon Galvin: While overseas, TNA announced another European tour in 2015. Do you think American-based promotions should tour Europe more often or do the infrequent tours help keep those trips fresh for the fans and the talent?
That's an interesting question. I think that, internally, we've had that conversation a lot. I personally think that you do have to be cognizant of oversaturating but I also think that there's probably room for a second tour for us in a year perhaps working in smaller venues and doing a more intimate kind of show. I don't think that would oversaturate or kill our arena business. The thing that a lot of people don't realize, especially Americans, about the U.K is that just because it's a small country geographically it is very densely populated and there are still a lot of towns within the towns that we hit. We hit, this time, Dublin, Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester and London and they're all major markets. There are so many towns, particularly sort of coastal towns down along the west coast with places like Bristol and places like that and in the South you've got towns like Portsmouth which are always great wrestling towns. Then where I was born, along the East, to get to any of those big towns we run the arena shows at it's at least a 4 or 5 hour drive which to Brits that's a significant distance. It's not like America where a 4 or 5 hour drive isn't as big of a deal. I think that there is potential there for us to run a secondary tour.
Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0415/574192/magnus-on-if-he-wants-sting-back-in-tna/#kFcldoREUTrZvTiw.99
No comments:
Post a Comment