Differences between today's tag team wrestling and over all product and the tag matches and wrestling product of their day:
Ricky: "A lot of people talk about tag team wrestling. They say tag team wrestling is dead. It's not dead, there is just nobody out there that knows how to do it like the Rock-n Roll Express, and the Midnight Express did. At that time and in that era, every tag team were great workers, they just had different styles. I didn't have a favorite, because they all were great workers to me."
Thoughts on why they fell out of favor in WCW:
Ricky: "At that time, there was a turn of hands, when WCW started having people in the office like Herd, who has about as much business being in our business as me flying the space shuttle. So I guess I got a lot of heat with a lot of guys because they brought people in our business that thought they knew everything about the business, but didn't know nothing.
"It's still like that today in some places, I'm not knocking, I'm telling the truth. Before the York Foundation, I was caught and lost in the shuffle, because that's when the money came, that's when the contracts started, that's when Time Warner, you know they had deep pockets, but they had people running the business that didn't know what they were doing. I was lost in the shuffle. Robert got hurt. During that time they put me with the York Foundation. If you remember, when Robert was hurt, he was gone for about a year.
"But you know, the business changes. To tell you the truth, being a baby face for so long, it was hard to work as a heel. Crockett could have kept going, WCW could've kept going, not because of us, but just if they had somebody in there that knew what they were doing. You know, Eric Bischoff, he has never been in a ring. He doesn't know what our business is about. Herd didn't know what our business is about. I mean you bring a tag team in called the Ding Dongs, from Bellville. Please guys, please, and that was the era that we were talking about."
Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0425/574504/rock-n-roll-express-talk-shawn-michaels-using-their-gimmick/#AyFTxLChwvua0XCk.99
No comments:
Post a Comment