Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Vince Russo On Why He Left WWE, Signing With WCW & Vince's Reaction, Bash At The Beach, Hogan Read more PAGE5 at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0604/576697/vince-russo-on-why-he-left-wwe/#bLeHJQjRkj9c10Sw.99

Wrestling INC: As a result of the purchase, did you see the future of the business changing forever?
Russo: I was so far removed from caring if there even was a future of the wrestling business. Those thoughts didn't cross my mind at all.
Wrestling INC: Does it bother when people blame you for WCW's demise? It seems like you're often used as a scapegoat when there were lots of problems with the company.
Russo: I was involved in the creative of WCW for nine months. None of the Vince Russo bashing started until I became a character on TV. That character on TV was not me. It was a confident New York character that I amped up times 1,000 to make people hate me. To this day, I think a large part of the wrestling internet community thinks that's the person I am. None of this started until I showed my face on WCW TV. I worked for the WWE for five years and there was no mention of my name. You put me on WCW and here's a New Yorker you hate. That was my job and that's what I got paid to do. It blows me away more than anything, that people to this day believe I'm the person portrayed on TV.
Make sure to check back later this week for the third and final part of the interview, where Russo discussed his short WWE return in 2002, almost bringing Bret Hart into TNA, why his idea to restart WCW was rejected, working with TNA, working with Hulk Hogan again, trying to bring Paul Heyman in TNA, GFW, not getting credit for the Attitude Era, if he's still pitching ideas to TNA, his new website, if he could make WWE popular again and much more.
Click here for the first part of the interview, where Russo discussed getting his start with WWE, moving from working with WWF Magazine to the creative team, if he followed ECW, the Attitude Era, scripted promos and more.
You can follow Russo on Twitter @PyroAndBallyhoo, and visit his website at PyroAndBallyhoo.com.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0604/576697/vince-russo-on-why-he-left-wwe/#bLeHJQjRkj9c10Sw.99

No comments:

Post a Comment