Wrestling INC: Were there angles you would shoot down during that period?
Runnels: I shot down the miscarriage [angle] with Val Venis and D'Lo Brown. But, as you can see, I did not win that battle.
Wrestling INC: At Over the Edge, the pay-per-view where Owen Hart tragically passed away, you had hung out with him earlier in the day. Is that correct?
Runnels: It was the night before. Harley Race is from around there and he takes great pride in his chili, and for good reason, he makes a killer pot of chili. He had made this huge batch of chili and we would go to his house and hang out with he and his wife. That night, Mick Foley went and Owen went. Owen, being the practical joker, went to put hot sauce in Harley's chili. Owen said he intended to put a few drops in, but the lid came off and everything went in—since it was Owen, we can guess the whole thing was intended to go in. The next day, Harley was chasing him with this thing that was like a hand to body taser. He finally got him and Owen pleaded that it was a mistake. It was funny.
Wrestling INC: Are there any other Owen stories you haven't told that often?
Runnels: One of my favorites was when he told one of the boys that Vince wanted him—I can't remember who it was with my old brain. We knew Vince was in the middle of a production meeting and you don't interrupt those meetings. Finally Owen said to this person, 'fine, but he's sitting there waiting for you. If you don't want to go in that's fine, but I told you.' The person goes running in and of course they're not expected and Vince gets pissed off. Just stuff like that was classic Owen. It was one of his fun and endearing qualities.
Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0708/577830/terri-runnels-talks-owen-memories/#i55b0MCOJhUepoDE.99Wrestling INC: You had an eight year run with the WWE. What are some of your favorite moments and angles during that time?
Runnels: I loved WrestleMania [12] when Roddy Piper and Dustin had their infamous Hollywood Backlot Brawl match. I loved that, that was fun to be a part of. Just to be in a WrestleMania is great. Even though I wasn't thrilled to be at WrestleMania [16] in a catfight, still it was a huge honor with that. I loved the angle with Joanie [Laurer] when she first came in after me. I loved working with The Hardy Boyz. I didn't think [Saturn's] Moppy angle was a smart one, but people seemed to love it.
Wrestling INC: Do you still keep in contact with Perry Saturn?
Runnels: Yes, after a long absence of trying to contact him, I finally tracked him down. We did a fan show about two years ago.
Wrestling INC: How would you describe Vince McMahon as a boss?
Runnels: I loved working for Vince. That man's attention to detail blows me away. The number of things he has on his plate and still finds time to inspect the minute details is why he is where he is today. I loved working for him.
Wrestling INC: How has your relationship been with the WWE since leaving? Do you still keep in contact?
Runnels: Yes, it's been great. They are and always will be family. I still talk to a lot of the people that work there. It's great to see the number of people that are still there behind the scenes. It's always good to go to the autograph signings and see people you've not seen in years. I went nine months ago to a taping in Tampa [Florida], and got to see a ton of people backstage. It's shocking because unless Dustin is on TV or unless Dakota says, "Dustin is doing a cool angle," I don't watch every Monday night. I found myself looking at the on-air talent and not having a clue who some of these amazing athletes and Divas were. It was nice to see some new and old blood at the same time.
Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0708/577830/terri-runnels-talks-owen-memories/#i55b0MCOJhUepoDE.99
No comments:
Post a Comment